CulTours - Cultural Tours in the Western Balkans
Project time span: June 2020 - June 2021
CulTours aims to support regional cooperation in Western Balkans through promotion of shared cultural heritage and support of local sustainable development. The project foresees the development of a mobile application with descriptions and narratives in ENG and BHS promoting three tours touching several micro-localities with touristic potential in the region. They will enhance the cultural diversity, historical WW2 heritage, culinary specialties, local craftsmanship and recreational routes of each place.
Donor & Program: Western Balkans Fund
• To contribute to regional cooperation and regional cohesion in WB6 through cultural cooperation and activities for sustainable growth.
• To promote shared cultural heritage in Western Balkan countries related to common history through creation of youth friendly tool
• To support local sustainable development of micro-localities though income generating activities and tourism
• To reinforce the cooperation and networking among different stakeholders on local and regional level
• Creation of mobile application for promotion of shared cultural heritage
• Identification of local economic stakeholders related to the touristic development and implementation of local activities for touristic development
• Organization of 5 local webinars on the topic of tourism in times of crises
• Organization of 2 regional webinars on the topic of tourism, cultural heritage and regional cooperation
• Balkan Network for Local Democracy - BNLD (MK): Lead Applicant
• LDA Mostar (BiH): Co-Applicant
• LDA Montenegro (MN): Co-Applicant
• LDA Central & South Serbia (SR): Co-Applicant
• LDA Kosovo (KS): Co-Applicant
1. One Mobile application created to promote shared cultural heritage related to monuments from World War 2 in Western Balkan Countries.
2. Touristic products developed in cooperation with local stakeholders in order to promote sustainable economic growth.
3. Reinforced Balkan Network for local democracy to implement thematic projects that include civil society organizations, local authorities and other economic and cultural stakeholders.
Ivana Petrovska: firstname.lastname@example.org