CSOs networking for better local democracy in the Balkans
Project Descriptions :
The project “CSOs networking for better local democracy in the Balkans” is addressing the main challenges of the civil society in the region such as insufficient CSOs capacities at local level to engage and provide incentives for social and democratic reforms and inadequate level of CSOs regional exchange of knowledge, experience and skills development for effective participation in public consultation and collaborative monitoring the EU integration agenda in WB countries. The project is designed to develop and strengthen the Balkan Network for Local Democracy (BNLD) as stakeholder to promote local democracy in the Region of Western Balkans.
Donor and Program :
- Balkan Civil Society Development Network - Regional Civil Society Development HUB, programme funded by SIDA, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency.
Project Objectives :
• Strengthen the BNLD capacities to contribute more effectively to regional civic space
• Improve regional exchange of experience and skills of BNLD network members on evidence based advocacy and monitoring EU integration and reform agenda in WB countries
• Create a regional CSOs co-operation and learning resource for advancing active citizenship at local level.
Project Activities :
- Research and analysis:
• Comparative analysis in Western Balkan Countries for cooperation between local public authorities and civil society, citizens’ participation in policy and decision making process and education for active citizenship
• Collection of case studies of local legal framework and practices of citizens’ participation in policy and decision making processes and education for active citizenship in 9 local communities in 6WB countries
- Capacity Building and Exchange
• Organization of Regional BNLD Fair
• Setting up Online Information and Resource point on local democracy
- Regional awareness raising
• Social media campaign
• Production of other visibility tools
- Project management coordination
Project leader: Balkan Network for Local Democracy (BNLD)
- 8 Local Democracy Agencies from Western Balkans
Project Results :
1. Improved conducive environment for civil society development that enables them to become more influential actors in society.
2. Strengthened capacity of CSO Network promoting regional co-operation for evidence-based advocacy and monitoring EU integration reform agenda at local level in WB countries.
3. Created regional CSOs learning & knowledge share platform promoting good governance, active citizenship and participation in policy/decision making.
Ivana Petrovska: email@example.com