The Center for Democracy Foundation invites you to apply for the POLITEIA regional school for youth that will be held 1-6 April 2019 in Danilovgrad, Montenegro.
The first POLITEIA school for civil society took place in 1997 during the large civic and student protests where youth gained knowledge of democratic and European values. Since then hundreds of young people were taught and motivated to actively participate in social and political processes. It is recognized as one of the leading non-formal educative programs in the Western Balkans because of its great choice of lecturers, interactive methodology as well as choosing qualified participants.
The Politeia School is now rising to a Regional level through the Regional Youth Compact for Europe project and will include participants and lecturers from the Western Balkans and Turkey.
Some of the main topics of this year’s Politeia will be:
• Europe and the Western Balkans – Integration and Enlargement; Reforms as Homework for Western Balkans Countries – Key Challenges; Organization of Reforms Through Negotiating Chapters;
• Rule of Law and Fundamental Rights – Strategic Perspective and Implementation of Reforms;
• Employment and Social Cohesion – The Social Dimension of EU Integration; EU Programs for Youth 2014-2020;
• Public Policy Design and Monitoring Methodology; Informal and Structured Dialogue Between Youth and Decision Makers;
• Group Projects from a Local and Regional Perspective;
Participation in the POLITEA Western Balkans School for Youth Participation is open to final-year undergraduate students, graduate students, young professionals and scholars up to and including the age of 28. Participants will be chosen according to their academic, activist and political achievements that relate to the theme of the School. They need to show a firm understanding of the EU Integration process in the Western Balkans and Turkey and a strong interest in the areas of the rule of law, fundamental rights, employment and social policy and the design and monitoring of public policies.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Please note that the application deadline is on 6th of March 2019
The organizers will cover costs of travel, board and meals. The project is supported financially by the European Union with co-financing from the Balkan Trust for Democracy.
Please find the Application on the following link