Jelena is a youth engagement worker from LDA Mostar. She took over the account of Balkan Regional Platform for Youth Participation and Dialogue this Tuesday and produced this video in which she is talking about being a youth worker.
1. Use three words to describe being a youth worker.
Engaging, chaotic (but in a good way) and creative.
2. How would you define a successful youth ministry?
Successful youth ministry should work with and for young people. It should be proactive, to work closely with young people and to act upon their needs. Youth taking over day is perfect tool.
3. What’s the change you want to see in your country regarding youth?
Regarding youth in Bosnia and Herzegovina...first of all I want them to become more aware of the situation they live in and according to that to become more proactive and to know their rights and to use them as much as they can in order to try to create a positive change in their village, town, city, country.
4. Tell us about a positive youth initiative in your country that you liked.
There’s a youth initiative Elect Mostar which is about establishing the election in city of Mostar after eight years of non-existent government.
5. What’s the greatest thing about Balkan Regional Platform for Youth Participation and Dialogue, according to you?
Youth engagement and participation and the cooperation between all of us.