Filip Budanovic is a youth engagement worker from LDA Subotica. He has been part of the Balkan Regional Platform for Youth Participation for almost one year. Working as a youth worker, he has seen great youth initiatives in his local community, but there is still need for their recognition by the decision makers.
Use three words to describe being a youth worker.
- Inspiring, active, cooperative
How would you define a successful Ministry of youth?
- Successful youth ministry should pay attention on the voice of the youth and establish good communication with young people in order to achieve productive goals.
What’s the change you want to see in your country regarding youth?
- I would like to see youth initiatives and youth issues in general, getting more recognisable and establishing better communication with local governments.
Tell us about a positive youth initiative in your country that you liked.
- One recent positive initiative by the youth from my hometown were the events that young people from Subotica organized with the idea to meet and talk and share experiences and stories with the migrants that are currently located in our city.
What’s the greatest thing about Balkan Regional Platform for Youth Participation and Dialogue, according to you?
- The greatest thing about Balkan Regional Platform for Youth Participation and Dialogue for me is the opportunity to reach out to the youth of our region through interesting and educative activities.